Pain Management | Body Logic
- Pain associated with our muscles, joints, and nerves can be an unpleasant experience, which can have a major impact on our physical and emotional health. This is where pain management comes in.
- We now know that a number of factors can contribute to this experience. These can include problems with the body’s structures, the way we control our body, the way we think and feel about our pain, as well as our lifestyle.
- We know that the best way to manage pain is to understand its complexity, develop strategies to control it, and learn ways to get back to the things in life we enjoy.
- Sometimes this involves ‘hands on’ approaches to relieve your pain and restore function, but it always involves an active process of helping restore your function and health.
- Our physiotherapists are skilled to take you on this journey.
- We recommend all people with persistent pain to watch this video (Chronic pain explained in 5 minutes and what to do about it) as it highlights our philosophical approach at Body Logic Physiotherapy in dealing with these disorders.
Manual and manipulative therapy
Most of our physiotherapists hold or are studying post graduate degrees in physiotherapy such as manipulative, musculoskeletal, sports, or pelvic health. This means you are in safe hands when it comes to our skilled clinicians using their hands for treatment. For many conditions, manual and manipulative therapy can provide relief from symptoms, and our comprehensive management plan will ensure you are working towards self-management and independence. For more information on pain management contact us today!