Other Services | Physiotherapy | Body Logic
We can provide this service in person at our rooms, or via telehealth (video or phone) in the comfort of your own home. Check the Telehealth section for details.
At Body Logic Physiotherapy we offer a range of other services to empower you to achieve your goals whatever they are.
Dance Physiotherapy & Exercise Rehabilitation
- The unique needs of a dancer is well understood by our Postgraduate Physiotherapist Emma Sulley, who has undergone extensive post graduate training in dance physiotherapy and exercise rehabilitation for over 16 years.
- A thorough physiotherapy assessment is undertaken to gain a clear understanding of the underlying causes related to your injury.
- Following assessment, individual treatment is based on your needs and the latest in evidence based research.
- Exercise Rehabilitation for Dancer’s classes are run weekly. These classes are great for restoring confidence and strength to return to dance, as well as injury prevention and enhancement of artistic performance.
- Pre-pointe ballet assessments, and Tertiary Dance Council: Physiotherapist Examinations are offered.
- If you’re like many of our physiotherapists and you spend a lot of time cycling, either as a means of transport or fitness, you’ll know how important it is to be comfortable and economical on your bike.
- A biomechanical analysis of your cycling technique can ensure you feel balanced and efficient in the saddle, and our Sports Physiotherapist Phoebe Freeman will work with you to ensure you are performing at your peak.
- Phoebe is a keen middle distance triathlete and has worked along side cyclists and triathaltes from local to national representatives. Phoebe has recently relocated from the East Coast of Australia and is integrating into the WA cycling and triathlon community.
Pre and post-operative care
- If you are recovering from surgery, one of the most important aspects for a successful outcome is the rehabilitation process. Additionally, ‘prehab’ (the term used for rehab prior to surgery) results in a quicker recovery, often with less pain.
- Our Physiotherapists work closely with many of Perth’s leading surgeons and our Bethesda Clinic shares an office with Orthopaedic Surgeons, Coastal Orthopaedics. These relationships help to deliver the most appropriate rehabilitation at the most important time for our patients.
- Body Logic Physiotherapy also provides physiotherapy inpatient services at Bethesda Hospital for many of Perth’s Orthopaedic Surgeons to ensure patients commence their road to recovery in the best possible way.
- Dry Needling is a technique used by physiotherapists to treat pain arising from pain sensitive muscles, involving the placement of a needle into a tender point. These tender points can be painful to touch and can produce significant pain over a large area. They may also be too deep to be effectively treated by other treatment techniques and the treatment is often less painful.
- Physiotherapists may use dry needling in combination with other forms of treatment including exercises, education, and massage. Like all treatments it can be a piece of the puzzle utilised to get the best outcome.
- Dry Needling can be used for:
- Neck and back pain, and stiffness
- Tight Hamstrings and calf muscles
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Shoulder and hip pain