Bowel troubles? They really don’t make you think of unicorns and glitter!
What are the signs of a good bowel function?
- When you are able to hold on for a short time after you feel the first urge to go to the toilet
- When you pass a bowel motion within about a minute of sitting down on the toilet
- When you pass a bowel motion easily and without pain or straining on the toilet
- When you completely empty your bowel when you pass a motion, and not feel you need to return again shortly thereafter
- When you have control at the back passage of stool and wind
Most of us might not even tick all these boxes!
A Pelvic Health Physiotherapist is able to help with these things and more including:
- The urgency to empty your bowels
- Straining, pain and difficulty emptying your bowels completely
- Incontinence from the back passage or trouble controlling wind
If you are experiencing any of these symptoms, book in an appointment with one of our discreet Pelvic Health Physiotherapist at Subiaco or Joondalup.